What a week, folks. What. A. Week. I had plans, BIG plans. Cooking plans, tidying and cleaning plans, reading plans, embroidering plans, family tree plans….. I’ve spent most of my spare time languishing on soft furnishings wondering why my tonsils won’t just quit already and return my health to me. I dragged myself back to the walk-in centre a week or so ago and they told me to bally well put my big-girl-virus-battling pants on and deal with it (they didn’t have an explanation how my bacterial tonsillitis morphed into viral tonsillitis but eh).
What with my tonsils having been FIGHTING ME since 30 April and having spent 97% of yesterday under the duvet, I decided to go back to the GP this morning with my best trying-not-to-cry face on. Today the GP said “ooh fancy that I bet you’ve had glandular fever all this time”. Sadly, nothing to do but pull up those virus-battling pants again and hope the after-effects of Whatever It Is wear off soon. What with m’B12 deficiency, only recently defeated, I am getting a bit miffed with all these exhaustion-inducing ailments!
In slightly more exciting news, I booked a wee bargain studio room thingy for C and I to attend VegFest’s first “pro-intersectional” conference in October of this year in London. I am cautiously optimistic about this event. More cautious than optimistic I must admit…..but I am very excited about seeing some heroes speak, and generally excited about experiencing my first VegFest ever. ARE YOU GOING?
I also tried out the vegan Quorn ‘fillets’. They were…..okay. Not mind blowing by any means. I whipped up a very tasty BBQ glaze using freshly squeezed orange juice, tamarind, maple syrup, and some other yums. I cooked them in the ol’ George Foreman, and sliced leftovers were nice the next day with some homemade coleslaw. I am still happy that Quorn is branching out with more vegan products; to have vegan food handy is a good thing!
Anyhoo, it looks like all the recent lazing about produced a lot of linkage this week. If you’re interested then, friends, here is some Monday reading for you….
- An accessible zine anthology about chronic illness & animals
- Maybe Your Dog Doesn’t Have To Be Fearless
- Meet the Bird Brainiacs: Eurasian Jay
- Humans Are Animals, Too
- The Language of Justice: 10 Words to Use in Vegan Advocacy (and a few to avoid)
- Here’s Why Black People Don’t Go Vegan
- Top 8 Must Have Vegan Apps
- NEW COOKBOOK FROM ISA CHANDRA MOSKOWITZ AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!!!1!
- Transitioning to Cruelty-Free: Can You Trust Brand Websites?
Fat positive/Body positive
- Facebook bans ‘undesirable’ bikini snap of Tess Holliday
- Lindy West: Big Voice, No Shame
- Just So We’re Clear . . . Some Fat Facts
- The Body Is Not An Apology is hiring!
- 18 Body Positive Twitter Accounts That’ll Revamp Your Media Intake & Change Your Life
Wishing you all a wonderful week, my blog friends!
For veganism, dog pictures and life ramblings, giz a follow…