It is truly the season of the tea loaf. Perfect alone or with a cup of tea (or coffee), perfect for breakfast or elevenses or lunch or supper. Perfect as it comes or slathered with a wee bit of vegan butter. The tea loaf conquers all!
This version is perfect for the month of October, and whether you roast your pumpkin or buy it in a can, it matters not my friends. Either way, the tea loaf conquers all.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Tea Loaf
- 2 cups plain wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soya milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup rapeseed/sunflower oil
- 1 cup raisins or choc chips or nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease or line a loaf tin.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and spices) and whisk well.
- Let the lemon juice sit in the milk for a few minutes. In another bowl combine the sugar, pumpkin, and oil. Add the milk and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Then, fold in the extra cup of goodies (raisins, chocolate chips, nuts).
- Turn the mixture into the loaf tin, and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top and a wooden skewer comes out clean.
Like my content?