Dearest blog chums: I am done with 2018. I am limping, physically/metaphorically/ecumenically, towards 1 January 2019. But that isn’t to say I am not thrilled by the prospect of this festive/holiday season. Oh, I certainly am. I am looking forward to another log cabin hot tub escape. I am looking forward to snuggling under blankets with books and hot chocolate and my embroidery. I’m looking forward to nuzzling into the cosy embrace of Christmas and cooking up a festive feast on Christmas day for Mr J-M and me. It is all so very wonderful, but there stands between that hot tub and me around 10 days of toil and a few extra days in between. That doesn’t mean we haven’t been embracing the festive spirit, as you’ll see here….
I bought this lovely bandana at the vegan fair here in Manchester over the weekend, from Ernie & Theo. Vulpe looks rather concerned about it all, of course.
And so as the holiday season approaches slowly, I am (as usual) plotting all my crafty festive activities, and (as usual) I will share it all with you here. So, without further daydreaming of hot bubbles in the crisp December Scottish night air, grab a hot beverage and let’s dig in.
- Vegan gingerbread cookies
- 5-Minute Vegan Eggnog (2 Ways!)
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
- Yeasted Guglhupf cake
- Thick mushroom gravy (Google translate to the rescue!)
- Grilled Maple Mustard Brussels Sprouts
- Pistachio and Pomegranate Vegan Cheese Ball
- Vegan Rullepølse
- Vegan Eggnog Truffles
- Vegan Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies
- DIY Bath Salts for Holiday Gifting
- Gingerbread Christmas Embroidery Patterns
- Posie Winter Patterns
- DIY Santa Key (for those without a chimney)
- DIY celestial gifts (video)
- DIY Christmas decor (video)
- DIY Christmas wreath: if you live near a Poundland and if you live near a pine forest.
- Christmas Doodles for Your Bullet Journal: Free Printable Guide
- Jenny Journals December 2018 Bullet Journal Plan With Me (video)
- How to get your Dingbats notebook ready for Christmas (Dingbats makes vegan-friendly notebooks perfect for bullet journalling)
- Christmas planning in your bullet journal
- Holiday Bullet Journal Spread Ideas | Christmas Planning 2018 (video)
Indie/small biz makers to buy from
- Suitable for Vegans – Adorable Christmas cards illustrated by Emily. Eco-friendly too!
- Sundaze Store – Sassy vegan merch and prints.
- Jenny’s Papercraft Co. – Not me! Beautiful stickers for your BuJo.
- The Dirty Vegans – Excellent indie Lush alternative I recommend every year!
- Nordic Muse – This nordic-inspired shop based here in Manchester has some beautiful homewares and jewellery at very reasonable prices.
- Funky Soap London – I’ve been using their conditioner bar for a few weeks now and I’m blown away by how brilliant it is. Zero waste ahoy!
- Emily Winfield Martin art – I have three of Emily’s prints now and I adore them.
- Wild Fancy Design – Pronoun pins, witchy stuff, and much more.
Other round-ups and gift guides
- Margot Meanie – Stocking stuffers and gifts for witches
- Ethical Consumer’s ethical Christmas guide
- Flicking the Vs – Vegan substitutions for your Christmas dinner table
- 20 Goth Gifts for Darklings from The Spooky Vegan
Giving and not-giving this festive season
- Avoiding Amazon – A wishlist provider alternative is Shoptagr. Or just use Pinterest!
- Send a Holiday Message to a Prison Rape Survivor
- Why You Shouldn’t Donate to the Salvation Army—Ever!
- Frugal Christmas – Consider banning Christmas presents
- Giving at Christmas – check out The Live You Can Save and Animal Charity Evaluators to ensure your donation goes as far as possible.
|Check out these other Christmas goodies:|
Like my content?