It wasn’t the most productive of weekends, that’s for darn sure… I planned to re-make two vintage blog recipes, do lots of laundry, cram in a really serious amount of R&R, visit the garden centre, re-pot a few plants…. Well, I managed one recipe re-make, one visit to the garden centre, and not much else except a bit of a minor nervous breakdown and a lot of time snotting and sniffling in bed. I can’t entirely blame the random woman who wouldn’t fecking listen to me when I asked her to call her dog away from Vulpe in the park (Vulpe is certifiably bonkers and I never know how she’ll react; she stays on a lead and wears a bright yellow coat that says ANXIOUS for this reason and other humans completely ignore this about 70% of the time) but the combination of my ever job-frazzled and -frayed nerves and this unpleasant confrontation basically sent me into a meltdown wherein I simply wanted to go live in a treehouse on a remote island somewhere and hibernate for much of each calendar year. Roll on DBT and distress-tolerance skills. BPD is no joke, yo.
Oh well. I guess Monday inevitably comes around doesn’t it? And one must pull oneself together. I continue to try to Unfuck My Life and also work on making positive and healthy changes in the longer term. There are, potentially, a couple of happy-making shorter term changes in the pipeline but I’ll not get ahead of myself. On to the links…
As usual, these links went to my lovely mailing list subscribers a few days ago, along with a more in-depth update about what’s happening in the world of Jenny and my reading/watching/listenings… Sign up! It’s free! Woohoo!
- Marks & Spencer launches range of 350 affordable vegan shoes
- How to go vegan without relapsing and other questions
- How to Choose Vegan Activism Instead of Animal-Friendly White Supremacy
- This indigenous scholar says veganism is more than a lifestyle for white people
- Has big business hijacked veganism – and sold it back to us?
- Vegan sneakers made from coffee!!
- Living as a disabled queer fat vegan in Kansas. Interview with Chris Taylor
- The Marie Kondo books debate has classist & racist undertones that can’t be ignored
- FREE online marketing and digital skills classes and training (I’m doing a few of these and they are great)
- Contraceptive pill can be taken every day of the month, after scientists dismiss ‘Pope rule’
- Ethical shopping guide to bikes
- What White, Western Audiences Don’t Understand About Marie Kondo’s ‘Tidying Up’
- The Truth Behind Netflix’s ‘Afflicted’
- Clarity, Intentions + Growth 3 Month Planner from CrazyCreativeCool
- What to Read When You’re Queer and Expecting: 6 Parenting Books That Smash The Patriarchy
- The romanticization of Ted Bundy—or why you’ve “never heard of a black serial killer”
Extra stuff that wasn’t in the newsletter
- Reframing jealousy – Virgie Tovar
- I did Veganuary, and now I’m staying vegan. Here’s what I’ve learned so far – Chris Packham
- Nonfiction Books by Black Women
- What is intersectionality?
- The world’s first biodegradable coffee capsules
- Eco-friendly web design that plants trees
I wish you all a productive and happy week!
Like my content?