Folks, it’s been a while since I did a solid link roundup post, as when my energy dips my cognitive function usually gets hampered by an extended brain fart and I struggle to engage with content (whether online or offline) and I tend to stick with sitting on the sofa rubbing dog belly or embroidering.
Mid-July I moved in with my wonderful partner and from south Manchester to north. The move has been absolutely a tonic to my overall wellbeing and Vulpe has been enjoying romping around nearby Heaton Park, as you can see.
Long-time readers will know that Vulpe is reactive and can therefore be ruddy hard work. Having tried every bloody thing imaginable, I’ve made a move to simply manage her behaviour as it is. Consequently we aim for quiet walking times (poor weather is a boon) and I’ve muzzle trained her so she can enjoy more freedom on the longer line and my own anxiety is massively reduced (passing the benefits on to her).
We’ve been loving our evening walkies, and Vulpe (who usually turns into a feral deathbeast if we ever run into perfectly friendly dogs/people) has been merrily greeting the horses in the park most nights.
But now on to the link selection, which today is a melange of vegan recipe crushes, body positivity, chronic illness, and some other bits and bobs. Here’s wishing you all a very happy weekend!
- German plum cake (Lazy Cat Kitchen)
- Curry satay bowl (My Darling Vegan)
- Chocolate doughnut pudding (My General Life)
- Make ahead vegan breakfasts (Go Vegga)
- A vegan dietician reviews What The Health?
- Project Intersect is accepting submissions for issue FOUR, Future Utopias.
Chronic illness (CFS/ME)
- The Curse of a ‘None of the Above’ Disease.
- More clues link immune system imbalance with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- 11 Subtle Symptoms Of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome You Need To Know.
- The Loneliness of Having an Illness Science Doesn’t Understand.
Fat positivity/body positivity
- How To Exercise Out Of Self-Love – Not Due To Fat-Shaming.
- Why Positive Behavioral Change Is a Better Goal Than Weight Loss.
- The body positive movement needs more than Robbie Tripp’s faux-allyship.
- Fat Activism Conference 2017 is open for registration.
- ‘It’s Because You’re Fat’ — And Other Lies My Doctors Told Me.
- Progress never just happens – we must always fight for it.
- Captain Awkward – Navigating family estrangement in the long term.
- Ethical Consumer’s Top 5 Ethical Companies and Brands.
- The Book of Miracles: 16th-century apocalyptic visions – in pictures.
Funnest link of the gd year:
- I watched in bewilderment while a man tried to return butternut squash because he thought it was cheese.
Like my content?