Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend? If you are UK-based I hope you managed to enjoy a bit of the sunshine, and if you hate the sunshine and spent the whole weekend hissing from underneath a blanket well then that’s a-ok too. Either way, I sure hope your weekend was super.
I am allowing myself some tentative excitement today. A couple of weeks back I attended an interview for a job with a really fantastic organisation that helps support co-operative ventures and works to promote the co-operative economy. Its focus is very much on fair and ethical business, etc. Its number one biggest cheese is one of the founders of the fairtrade symbol, so it would be fair to say the job would be much more in line with my own beliefs and values.
I was invited for a second interview while I was fully in the grippe of tonsillitis and somehow, I still managed to bag the job. All was joy unconfined until I spoke to the manager in my current role and realised I was expected to give 3 months notice. Whoopsie. Unfortunately, I’ve had to insist on a month even though, officially, my current employer (a large higher education institution) has told me I’m not allowed to do that. I am not prepared to pass up such a tremendous opportunity though, so all being well I will start my new role in around 3 weeks. (AND HOPEFULLY I WON’T GET SACKED BEFORE THEN AIEEEEEE.)
On to the links, perhaps?
Fat Positive/Body Positive
- The ‘perfect body’ is a lie. I believed it for a long time and let it shrink my life
- 13 Books Every Body Pos Woman Should Read
- Why Losing Weight Isn’t The Answer To All Your Health Woes
- A call to action: your fat friend is going it alone
- Vegan Warrior Princesses Attack: 069 A Conversation with Carol J Adams
- Activist first, vegan second
- Welcoming gender diversity in activist spaces
Humans & Animals
- You changed me: I rescued my dog Augusta, but really she rescued me
- What pigeons teach us about love
- Donkeys: If They Aren’t Grieving What Are They Doing?
- The Fatal Epidemic Of Animal Care Workers That No One Is Talking About
We spotted a lot of birdies this weekend and hence the lack of eats and the presence of (tw)eets…. I did make purchase of a delightful food processor and have made all sorts of yummy delights, but I was far too excited about eating them to meaningfully prepare a blog post. Nevertheless, it was QUITE a thrill.
Here’s sending you best, positive vibes for the week ahead, my blog chums!
For veganism, dog pictures and life ramblings, giz a follow…