It’s been a little while, my friends, since I put together a decent link round-up. So much splendid content, so little time (and brain power).
I’ve also been enjoying some lovely autumnal things; seasonal jewellery (check out my beautiful bear necklace above: SQUEE), crunchy leaves, lentil soup. Autumn is the month I am most me. And as Mr J-M says, October is my Halloween Advent. (On that theme, if you keep an eye on my blog’s Facebook page, I am posting a seasonal treat (more or less) every day in Gothtober. Check it out!)
Anyhoo, let’s get to some links shall we? There are some rather good ones here, and they are in plentiful supply after my extended break. I hope you enjoy.
- 9 Black Horror Classics that will keep you up at night
- Sustainable Halloween: Ethical Bloggers share their tip
- Shadow Work as the veil thins: on confronting your shadow
- Favourite veggie soup recipes
- Dear White People/Queridos Gringos: You Want Our Culture But You Don’t Want Us – Stop Colonizing The Day Of The Dead
- Feminist horror movies to watch this halloween
- Vampires, Psychics and Ghosts: A look at queer women in horror
- Three ways Black veganism challenges white supremacy
- Why do vegans talk about being vegan?
- Afro-veganism: revolutionizing the plate
- Why animal rights fails at intersectionality (an oldie but a goodie)
- Five ways the meat on your plate is killing the planet
- Elephants mourn. Dogs love. Why do we deny the feelings of other species?
- Vast animal-feed crops to satisfy our meat needs are destroying planet
- Pork or Pig: Words can hurt you, especially if you’re an animal
Chronic Illness – CFS/ME
- ME/CFS Research Roundup: Brief highlights of biomedical research to date
- “Maybe this is all in your head”: When doctors don’t believe women
- For People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, More Exercise Isn’t Better
- F*ck Health – by Melissa Fabello
- ‘Fattitude’ Is The Documentary On Size Discrimination That Everyone Needs To See, Activist Or Not
- Roxane Gay Made Me Realize My Body Image Issues Are Kind Of Bullsh*t
- Food and body shaming in the vegan movement
- The Witchcraft treatment for mental illness
- T.O.F.U. Magazine issue 12 – on mental health and veganism
- Why I’ve Learned To Embrace JOMO — The Joy Of Missing Out
- Intersectionality? Not while feminists participate in pile-ons
- How the Socialist Feminists of WITCH Use Magic to Fight Capitalism
- ‘Food being used as a weapon’: The lasting effects of colonialism on Indigenous food
- Civil Rights Are Green: A Concise History of Environmental Racism and Justice in the US
- Resources and Tools for Climate Change Resilience
- One Undeniable Factor In Gun Violence: Men
I wish you all a very happy halloweeny weekend!
Like my content?