It’s Autumn you guyz. It’s really Autumn, and it’s getting cold. This post by Vegan Dad on Facebook yesterday gave me serious cravings.
So I decided that pie was really the only way to go. Taking inspiration from his blog post, I created this creamy tempeh vegetable pie….
- a generous wodge of vegan butter (I use Vitalite)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- approx 1 cup sliced potatoes
- approx 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 packet tempeh (sauteed in water to remove the bitterness)
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 veg stock cube
- ‘full fat’ soya milk
- enough pastry to cover the top of your pie dish
Parboil the potatoes and cauliflower for 5 minutes or so in salted water and put to one side.
Saute the onions and tempeh in the ‘butter’/margarine until the tempeh is a bit browned.
Then add the thyme, crumbled stock cube and flour.
Mix quickly and well, then add the vegetables and enough soya milk to cover the mixture.
Simmer for around 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly, making sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Pour the mixture into a pie dish or tin, and top with the pastry. Bake until the pastry is golden
Perfect hearty grub for Autumn nights!
Like my content?