I have a small but burgeoning selection of writings, linked here. I enjoy writing about
- body positivity and fat positivity
- feminism (intersectional is my brand of choice)
- mental health & invisible illness
My style is whimsical, irreverent, savage, soft. How about some rather more boring details about me?
- English is my first language and my spelling, grammar, and punctuation are all excellent. I have a black belt in proofreading. Challenge me.
- I have an undergraduate degree in social/economic studies, and am studying a master’s degree in Anthrozoology so I am familiar with doing my research, citing (credible) sources, avoiding plagiarism, and academic writing more generally.
- I have worked for over 10 years in Higher Education in quality assurance, so you can be assured that my attention to detail is pretty darn spot on.
Please do contact me if you’d like to talk about a writing opportunity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter to those who love someone with depression (first published by Depression Alliance)
- On an Illness Invisible Inside and Out (published by Femsplain)
- On Being a Bad Vegan Fatty (published by Femsplain)
- My take on the parent company debate (& ethical consumption) in veganism (blog piece)
- I am not your vegan weight loss inspiration (Medium)
- My Failed Relationship (in plants) (Medium)
- who was changed and who was dead (Medium, my project about mothers/daughters grief & loss)
- Balancing work and study with CFS/ME.