Fronds, one of my most favourite parts of the autumn season is the prospect of warm yummy comfort food, dog walks through the crisp leaves with an excitable pooch, gorging on horror delights as halloween approaches, and thinking of the fun crafts I’ll do in the run-up to Christmas. As I gathered up some very enticing pumpkin recipes and thought a little harder about my crafty plans for October and November, I decided it would be a splendid idea to share what I’ve found with you all. So, cosy on up under a blankie, grab a hot beverage of your choice, and enjoy these great halloweeny ideas.
- The BEST vegan pumpkin pancakes (My Darling Vegan)
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Waffles (Fragrant Vanilla Cake)
- Roasted pumpkin hummus (Elephantastic Vegan)
- Smoky squash chili with quinoa, pinto and black beans (The First Mess)
- Pumpkin Spiced Corn Muffins (Love and Lemons)
- Pumpkin Spice S’mores Cookies (The Spooky Vegan)
- The Fork & Beans halloween food archives (there are too many to choose from!)
- Appetizers for Halloween (Cadry’s Kitchen)
- Pumpkin Pie (Isa Chandra/PPK)
- Pumpkin Besan Burfi (Vegan Lovlie)
- 1980s Pumpkin Cookies (House Vegan)
- Pumpkin Pie Truffles (Vegan Richa)
- Barmbrack (Maple Spice)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (Vegan Yum Yum)
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Scrub (The Spooky Vegan)
- Sew a softie ghost and ghost animals (Wild Olive- free pattern)
- Kitsch Witch (Feeling Stitchy – free patterns)
- Black cat with floral motifs (DMC – free pattern)
- Knitted pumpkin garland (LoveKnitting – free pattern)
- Halloween ghosties (Free pattern – Annie Oakleaves)
- 62 DIY Halloween Decorations (Spruce Crafts)
- Vital organs and Zombies & monsters (Sublime Stitching – patterns $5 each).
- Urban Threads Halloween patterns (many only $1 each).
- Ultimate guide to the best Halloween TV shows and films for families with young children (Nomipalony)
- Spooky Series + Macabre Movies Streaming October 2018 (The Spooky Vegan)
- Jenny’s Top Ten Halloween Films 2016 (me!)
- 10 great overlooked British horror films of the 1970s (BFI)
- BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas (BFI)
- Number 13 – M.R. James (short story)
- The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar – Edgar Allan Poe (short story)
- The Monkey’s Paw – W.W. Jacobs (short story)
- Schalken the Painter – Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu (short story or TV adaptation)
- The Haunting of Hill House – Shirley Jackson (the Netflix adaptation is a far cry from the novel’s plot; as this has long been one of my favourite haunted house tales, I’d highly recommend reading the original)
- My Amityville Horror – A fascinating documentary focusing on the adult Daniel Lutz and the long-term effects of his very weird and very traumatic childhood; a mother and step-father who claimed their home was haunted (following a very notorious and tragic multiple murder in the house just over a year prior) and whose story has persisted for decades.
Like my content?