Yoinked entirely from the super amazing Lillian Karabaic, this is a (probably not exhaustive) list of tools, apps, and services that I use to manage my work and life. Some of these are referral links – if you sign up I get free credit and so do you. Thank you if you choose to support me this way!
Data Tracking / Health & Fitness
- MyFitnessPal (For carbs and general nutrition, feeds into One Drop; I wish it was not weightloss -oriented.)
- Swarm (When I remember. For location tracking.)
- One Drop (Blood glucose monitoring, carbs pulled in from MyFitnessPal and activity from Health.)
- HeartWatch (In addition to the in-built heart monitoring via my Apple Watch.)
- AutoSleep (I have CFS/ME so I sleep like the dead but I like to track it anyhow.)
- Strava (To track my bike rides, this feeds into the Health app and then One Drop.)
- Relive (Create fun, free videos of your more impressive/notable bike rides.)
- SmartHalo (A fun bike-navigation device that points the way to your destination using a circle of light.)
- Echo (I use this to order my monthly UK NHS prescriptions, which are delivered to my door for free as my pre-payment certificate is loaded in.)
- PitPat (Vulpe’s fitness tracker! This was free with her insurance policy and is completely adorable.)
- You Need A Budget (This tool is really helping me heal my relationship with money. Don’t dive in with guesswork; take the free classes and really understand how it can work for you)
- Lillian Karabaic’s podcast (Oh My Dollar) and book (Get Your Money Together).
- I bank with Nationwide and a local credit union. See Ethical Consumer’s money guide here.
Web Publishing & Hosting & Blogging
- I use Green Hosting and would highly recommend them! Their support is 10/10.
- I use WordPress. Yay WordPress.
- I use Tailwind for Pinterest and very highly recommend it.
Productivity Tools & Software
- Dropbox (I’ve been using it for years and it saved my bacon once or twice during my Master’s degree.)
- iCloud storage (Backs up my Apple stuff, huge amount of storage for only £2.49 per month.)
- Dashlane (I use this to track and update my passwords/security info.)
- Notion (I recently switched to Notion from Trello + a To Do app and I LOVE IT.)
- Slack (A fantastic digital/collaborative working space for a few things I am involved with.)
- Dingbats notebook (Vegan-friendly and does good for the environment!)
Computing & Gadgets
- Apple Watch S4
- iPhone XS Max 64GB (I’m with O2 and, honestly, I do not love them.)
- Casetify iPhone case and watch bands (vegan leather!)
- 13″ Macbook Air 2017
- 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display
- GoPro Hero 5.
- Kindle (the original one, super old, works like a dream!)
- I use an Anker portable charger.
- I use a pretty ancient G-Drive external hard drive for my desktop Mac.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Wireless Headphones
Mental health and life skills
- The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook
- The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Wellness Planner
- Crazy Creative Cool